access issue at senior center

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
monkeyaround
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

access issue at senior center

Post by monkeyaround » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:13 pm

So are we gunna see access info go back up on the site?
"The route goes up"

vanclimber
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by vanclimber » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:02 pm

Just a quick update...I went to Senior's Center today to try a few routes and although the majority of cars on the fire lane just drove right by, one guy in a blue late model dodge dakota pulled over and informed us we were trespassing. I wan't able to hit him with the point about the liability exclusion for people crossing leased land, but if anyone has anymore info on this, please post it. He said "we're not A$$%$#^@, we just don't want to have to access our properties by boat again." Fair enough, but what id like to know is exactly how they figure they can be held liable by someone using the access road. Also how far off the road does the lease extend? Could we just jump in the bush when we hear a car coming?

tattooed_climber

Post by tattooed_climber » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:36 pm

N van has always been messed up....i've been scolled at a regional park near lighthouse (and appearently, i've if the NAME OF THE PARK IS MENTIONED in via internet, guidebook, etc: the bolts will be chopped by the north van parks....if cars are parked on the street near the trail head, BOLTS CHOPPED......its only 3 TR bolts, the access society told me its at a stalemate and its only 3 bolts, just don't rock the boat i was told

...so the north van folks don't want people parking near a park to do outdoor stuff.....same case with deep cove......

but i find if you ask, people will help you......ONE time, i was trying to find a way by land to get to copper cove......i'm driving/walking all over hell.....i end up going up to this ladies house and i talk to the olf lady in her garden and she lets my go through her backyard in attempts to find a trail.....in the end i never found this mystery trail i've heard about but nice lady!

i've always wanted to check out the seniors center, so i wish i knew the area/routes/access situation.....

has that trail been started???
Nothing like the sound of thumpin' a piton first thing in the morning...

PAW

Post by PAW » Thu May 11, 2006 8:11 pm

look at this topic for more info.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Uncle Rico

Re: access issue at senior center

Post by Uncle Rico » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Been a few years since the last update on Senior's Centre... I wonder now, was the aforementioned alternate access trail to the crag ever built? If so, where exactly is it? Can anyone comment on the current condition of the climbs (ie: overgrown)??